Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Linger

Here is the book cover art I illustrated for 'Linger' by Maggie Stiefvater, published by Scholastic (Please check her website for more information about the book). This novel is a second sequel to 'Shiver' and the illustration needed to have a similar look to it, using only flat shapes and 3 colors. I was very nervous about this project at first, but I thought it would be a very interesting challenge to try something new and leave my comfort zone. Many thanks to Chris for this amazing project and it was really great working with you. Please check out the book when you get a chance! Thank you for reading!

14 comments:

Ryan Christiani said...

haha, the day you stopped in I swear I saw those covers at chapters!

nice work!

Chad W. Beckerman said...

I didn't realize you did those covers. Amazing!

Nimit Malavia said...

I saw this in stores!! Great Job Yuyu!

...somehow I bought another book instead though :S

Yuta Onoda said...

Thank you guys!

Ryan: Glad you saw them at chapters!

Chad: I didn't do the first one 'shiver' :)

Nimit: maybe this one next time?? hmmm??

pete ryan said...

SO nice Yuta!!

Mariah Burton said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Asuka Mori said...

Good job! I'll check it out at the bookstore!

Björnik said...

Wonderful as always!

JuanCarlos said...

I saw this and I'm like hey its Yuta
Then I called Yuta
Then I went to see Inception
Then realized maybe I didnt call Yuta maybe it was a dream within a Yuta?.

YEAHHH

Yuta Onoda said...

Thank you so much again for your kind words! :)

irma kniivila said...

EFF. THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

I am so so so happy for you - illustrating book jackets is the dreeeaaam.

SO PROUD.

Also, Juan. Hahaha what the dealio.

RuAn said...

Fantastic, it is a perfect combination, and as you say, in the line of the preceding book. Saúdos and apertas

Dave Webber said...

Very sweet bro, this looks great! Movin on up!

Hotcakes said...

looks refreshing...

congratulations! its a good cover:)